Lorde’s music sounds so powerful that it makes my heart skip a beat. I hope it gives you the same chills.
This song makes me want to go even harder at my passions and follow that flickering light ahead to a mysterious future. Sometimes just putting one foot in front of the other is enough. Sometimes going as hard as you can isn’t enough, but I want to believe that persistence will make everything alright and will make the naysayers quiet as a bramble.
Today I decided I will do a major computer cleanse. I sorted out the huge folder of pictures into folders and archives, cleaned a huge pile of random files and now I came to the bookmarks.
I don’t know if anyone else does that, but I constantly bookmark and download things that I, sadly, never return to.
I don’t understand why I keep thinking that I will have more time “someday” to actually sit and enjoy the gem I found if I can’t do it now. Or that I will have the energy and creative resources to use this information in some way.
So, what am I supposed to do with a huge list of links I may never even need or have the time to read?
Worst of all when I know there is an upcoming Windows update doom upon my shoulders…
Just dump them on you in hopes that they will turn out entertaining to someone.
- Endless roads – a beautiful film about girls longboarding
- Setouchi photography
- Street Art Utopia, including one image from my hometown –
- A blog-project to do one kind thing everyday – I bookmarked because I thought that maybe I will do something like that as well, but I guess not – Allspunout365
- An interesting article about how our hearts actually influence the world around us and are key to a happy and healthy life. The site offers other good articles as well – The Coherent Heart. I used to read it a long time ago, so no guarantees.
- Elizabeth Gilbert’s TED talk on genius.
- Shawn Achor TED talk – the happy secret to better work
- J. K. Rowling‘s commencement speech.
- A classic library. Online. Free. Just go.
- And another one. More specifically I was trying to read Anna Karenina. Never got to that part, at least I watched the last movie.
- More classics.
- A girl’s look on keeping the perfect wardrobe and giving the answer on “I don’t have anything to wear” issue.
- Audrey Kawasaki‘s art. Dreamy, elegant, sexual.
- Funny and short life lessons from reading 200 books.
- Why life should be more like baseball?
- Old trains photography
Here is my second article for CareerMeh.com, I hope you enjoy it!
5 Crucial Steps to Follow You Passion
This is something I am really excited about, as it took me quite a long time to discover mine and I am glad that I can transfer this to someone else.
Feel free to share, like, comment as I have poured my heart into this baby!
Check this awesome post to see what exactly is the difference between these two.
Geek or Nerd?
I would say I am more of a nerd as I tend to think a lot about some topics, I do research and need to know a lot of things about a certain topic before I make my mind about it.
When I am interested about a subject, I tend to dive in and want to know more, experiment, practice, play with it until I feel satisfied. But for some topics I am just a geek and I just fan around about them.
What is your verdict?